The Taranaki Swiss Social Club Incorporated was formed in 1952 “to conserve, promote and advance the cultural standards of citizens of Swiss blood living within New Zealand“. It would also provide opportunities for the meeting together of citizens of Swiss blood in social, cultural or sporting gatherings. The club would assist persons of Swiss blood to understand the obligations of New Zealand citizenship and to help introduce new settlers of Swiss blood into the New Zealand way of life.
In 1981 our Club house at Grace Avenue, Kaponga, was officially opened, and we are thankful that our members had the foresight and determination to build such a beautiful Club house. The Club house had been planned and built over several years, and is situated on 1.5 hectares of land. Our grounds are well maintained and have many trees and gardens adorning its land.
Currently our membership stands at 285; many members being actively involved in the various activities organised by our committee of fifteen. We offer shooting – small bore and karabiner (big bore), keglen (9 pin bowling), jassen (Swiss cards), and various social functions (picnic, meals etc).
See our upcoming events and venture out to Kaponga to participate in one of our many functions!!!